Monday, January 26, 2009

A Weekend at Home...

Well I suppose this is the first real post I've made in a while that has anything to do with what is going on in my life right now... I've been adjusting to life back in Darmstadt for the past 2 and a half weeks just trying to get back into the swing of things. I haven't really managed to get out and sight see or anything yet, but maybe if I get bored enough this week I might plan a trip somewhere. This weekend I basically spent the whole time in my apartment just watching TV and getting some serious sleep. Although, there were a few moments of pure excitement... I suppose...

I came home Friday after work and working out at about 5:30pm (work gets off at 4:30pm on Fridays in Germany in case you were wondering). The cleaning lady usually cleans my room on Fridays so I expected to come home to a nice sterile smelling apartment with plenty of fresh towels. Well, when I got there I found all of my stuff left in the sink or scattered on the floor and nothing was cleaned... and no towels. Apparently she hadn't started cleaning yet but it was 5:30pm and I just got home from work and wanted to make some dinner. So I put all my stuff back where it was supposed to be and she showed up 30 minutes later and was (amazingly) surprised that I was there... it's 6pm on a Friday, where else would I be? So she said she would come by the next day, I asked what time but she couldn't tell me.

Saturday I woke up around noon and got dressed to go workout since I figured when she came I would just go to the gym and let her do her thing... Well I waited around until 6pm and said screw it, took a shower and made some dinner (traditional German food too, I'm very proud of myself), started some laundry and set in for the night... she shows up at 8pm. Completely surprised, I told her wait until next Friday because at this point the gym is closed... I'm not ready for it anyways, so I am not going to wander around the town for an hour in the dark... besides I still had laundry to do. I remain thoroughly confused about the whole situation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, is she cute? Why else do you think she'd be making it a`point to show up when you're most likely to be at home? But then again, it could be a well thought ou scheme to get out of having to work. Those clever Germans!

Chris Siewert said...

No she's like 60...