Thursday, November 27, 2008

Return to Germany

Well, I am finally back from the wedding in Alabama. It was a very fun time and also very beautiful (aww)... the only downside was the 14 hour round trip by car to New Orleans only to spend one day there. Anyways, the flight back here was awesome. It was on Delta out of Atlanta and they had these personal entertainment screens for every seat where you could watch all kinds of movies, tv shows and HBO specials. They also had tons of music and games to play too, but I never made it past the movies. There were a bunch of new releases on there that I hadn't seen yet since I've been in Germany and I got to watch them all (Tropic Thunder is hilarious). The best part was that it is all free for intercontinental flights. I didn't get this luxury flying to the US since my plane must've been older or something, but it's probably for the best because I would've watched everything I wanted to on the first flight and then had nothing to do on the return. For both flights though I got the entire row to myself since it wasn't very busy, which was very nice, except that some french lady tried to steal my seat while I wasn't paying attention by putting her pillow and book there... they ended up on the floor.

Anyways, it seems that in my week away from Germany the entire place fell apart without me. The internet at the hotel costs money again... I guess they finally found out that no one was paying for it and got suspicious... nothing like paying 120 euro (~$160) a month for crappy sub-dsl speed internet that breaks all the time... The laundry woes still continue... aparently the lady I called about 2 weeks ago about the washing machine being broken didn't take me seriously, so now they have a washing machine filled with almost 2 week old soapy water that smells like a sewer... not my problem, I am done struggling with them. I watched a 7 minute video made by a 22 year old british woman on how to properly hand wash clothes, so now I consider myself somewhat of an expert... did you know that a little white vinegar adds sheen to silks? I bet not. The water machine at work also broke and has been replaced with something that has a cold water button that puts out hot water and warm water button that puts out cold water... They also switched everyone's email over to Microsoft Outlook while I was gone... prepare for disaster.

Luckily I am only here for another 3 weeks so I think I can manage by laughing at everyone else's misfortune in the apartment and at work as they run around in panic not know what to do with no laundry, broken email and cold tea (God forbid their precious caffinated beverages be tainted).

PS - Thanks for pointing out all my spelling mistakes in my last post... I'm not perfect y'all :-(

No comments: